Wound Care Supplies for Sale
Purchase wound care supplies including topical solutions and bandages that are used to prevent infection and quickly heal burns, ulcers, and abrasions. The basic steps of wound care include cleaning, bandaging, and monitoring your wound. It is important to follow your healthcare provider's wound care instructions to avoid infection and other complications.
Types of Wound Care Products Needed
For optimal healing, you must clean the open wound, apply antibiotics, and change dressings when the bandage is wet or soiled. It is important for the wound to be moist, but not wet. Taking proper care of your wound will not only lead to faster healing but will also help reduce scarring.
When it comes to wound care, cleansing the affected area is a crucial step before applying a bandage.
- Wound cleansers help prep a wound site by removing debris and disinfecting the area. These pH-balanced solutions also help keep the wound site moisturized. No rinsing is required after spraying the cleanser onto the skin.
- Antiseptic towelettes, such as BZK wipes, sterilize the skin and are a convenient alternative to liquid cleansers.
- Povidone-iodine prep pads also prevent infection by killing bacteria in cuts and burns. Both of these antiseptic wipes are alcohol-free, so they will not cause stinging.
If your wound is producing exudate, you may require the use of a wound gel before applying a dressing.
- Convatec Duoderm makes hydroactive gel and paste that are used in conjunction with a wound dressing to promote a moist environment that is ideal for healing. These formulas are designed to remove dead or infected tissue, while protecting newly formed tissue from any irritation.
Express Medical Supply sells the hydroactive gel and paste in sterile, single-use tubes for hygenic purposes.
After cleansing a wound, a dressing such as a Mepilex dressing should be applied. These types of dressing help protect the wound and absorb exudate.
- Tegaderm makes adhesive transparent dressings, which creates a waterproof barrier and allows you to monitor the condition of your wound.
- Non-adhesive dressings are kept in place with medical tape or a Coban wrap.
- Foam wound dressings are designed to pad the area and remove excess drainage, which reduces the risk of infection or further breakdown.
- Hydrofiber dressings transform liquid exudate into a gel and keep the wound from drying out during the healing process. These dressings also contain silver to quickly kill pathogens and draw out infection.
All dressings are designed to be easily removed without further damaging the healing wound.
A first aid kit contains supplies necessary to care for injuries such as cuts, burns, and other minor wounds. Common items found in pre-packaged first-aid kits include:
- Steril Gauze
- Antiseptic Wipes
Express Medical Supply also carries individual items that allow you to make your own kit or add to an existing one. Please read our blog for ideas on items to add to a first-aid kit.
Buy Wound Care Supplies Online
Easily order all of the products you need for wound care online and have them shipped right to your door. Shop our large collection of wound care supplies now!