Why choose ROHO Air Cushions?
ROHO Air Cushions for wheelchairs and everyday use are meant to bring you comfort while helping prevent pressure injuries. Pressure injuries are a constant concern when you are using a wheelchair or have other mobility issues. ROHO makes any chair more comfortable. There are four key concepts that set ROHO cushions apart from other cushions and they are:
Six Degrees of Freedom -
ROHO air cushions are constructed of individual cells or bubbles that move independently, allowing each cell to twist, turn, bend and adapt precisely to the curves of your body. Each cushion fits you!
Low Surface Tension -
The one of a kind design allows you to immerse into the cushion without deforming tissue. This is key to making skin breakdown less likely when compared to other wheelchair cushions.
Constant Restoring Forces -
When you are immersed in a ROHO Dry Floatation air cushion, the forces and pressure pushing back are kept equal at all points. When you are immersed, greater contact area is achieved for dispersion of pressure. The pressure on any one area is minimized.
Low Friction and Shear -
Individual cells, low surface tension, constant restoring forces all add up to low friction and shear. Friction acts to stop the direction of motion. Shearing occurs when opposite, but parallel, forces meet and the outcome inhibits blood flow. The slick surface of the ROHO cells combined with the way each cell moves greatly reduces friction and shear as you move your body or shift in your seat.
Dry Floatation Air Cushion: Adjustable Skin Protection
The ROHO Dry Floatation air cushion is a great choice for anyone with skin/soft tissue integrity issues. The individual cell design and the soft pliable material allow the individual to be immersed into the cushion for maximum pressure redistribution, while decreasing friction and shear. The simple adjustment allows the cushions to fit your shape and weight which helps in minimizing tissue deformation and facilitating blood flow.
ROHO Dry Floatation Air Cushion
- Available in high (4"), medium (3"), and low (2") profiles
- Adjustable - Cushion is adjustable to your shape and weight as changes occur over time.
- Lightweight - Easy to carry and handle, weighs 3.25 lbs (this is an esitmate, weight will vary by cushion size)
- Washable - Cushion can be cleaned with soap and water. Cover is machine washable.
- Repairable - Flame-resistant black neoprene can be patched or repaired to extend life of cushion.
What is ROHO Smart Check?
ROHO Smart Check is a new option availble in the Dry Floatation line of ROHO cushions. At this time, it is not offered with the Quatro Select line of cushions. The best part of Smart Check is that when you use it with a Smart Check Ready Cushion, it gives you peace of mind because checking for proper inflation just became very easy. With the Smart Check you can check your cushion through the day and adjust it whenever you wish. With the easy to use sensor you will always know whether you need to put air in your cushion or take air out.
- Works exclusively with ROHO® Sensor Ready Single Valve Cushions
- Press to check inflation levels, easy to monitor
- Stores your personal inflation range
- Unlimited checks, you can check your level anytime you like
- Affordable, portable and durable
- Two setup modes: Smart Setup and Optional Setup
- Ability to reset: can store new inflation level for your physiological changes over time
- No weight limit: when Sensor Ready Cushion is properly sized to you
- Easy to read faceplate with easy to hold shape of sensor
- Easy to connect and disconnect and it is detachable for storage