Cleaning and disinfecting your ROHO air cushion and cover are two different and equally important steps. Check your product manual to be sure you are following your specific cushion and cover cleaning directions. Keeping your cushion and cover clean will help your skin stay healthy as well as make your cushion and cover last longer. When you use something every day it is easy to ignore what kind of shape it is in or put off cleaning it for one more day. Whether you use your ROHO in an office chair or as your primary wheelchair cushion it is important to keep it clean. The steps to cleaning the cover and cushion can be difficult if you have mobility issues. Don't be afraid to ask for help from family, friends, or caregivers. You will enjoy your ROHO air cushion that much more when it is kept fresh and clean which is why it is always a good idea to have a back up ROHO just in case.
How to Clean Your ROHO Cushion Cover:
- Remove cover from cushion
- Remove optional hook fasteners if installed
- Machine wash gentle cycle with cold water and mild detergent or hand wash with mild detergent and warm water
- Tumble dry on low/no heat, or hang to dry
*Note - If there are stubborn or dried on stains, do not scrape them off while dry, soak the cushion cover and allow the water and mild detergent to penetrate the stain and then proceed with the rest of the steps.
How to Disinfect Your ROHO Cushion Cover:
You may choose to not disinfect your ROHO cover every time you wash it, however, if your cover is soiled due to incontinence it should be disinfected after washing. This will help keep your skin healthy while also extending the life of your cover. It is always a good idea to wear gloves when cleaning with bleach.
- Machine wash on the gentle cycle in hot water with mild detergent or hand wash in warm water with a mixture of 9 parts water to 1 part bleach
- Rinse with fresh warm water
- Tumble dry on low/no heat, or hang to air dry