Introducing the PureWick Female External Catheter, a breakthrough solution for managing female urinary incontinence. These catheters are sold by the each and by the box of 30 catheters. PureWick Catheters offer a convenient and effective way to draw urine away from the body, providing comfort and hygiene for patients. The listing does not include the Purewick System, this is the catheter only. System is required to use the catheter.
The PureWick Female External Catheter features a soft and flexible fabric wick that gently wicks urine away from the body. This non-invasive design ensures a comfortable experience for the user, eliminating the need for traditional catheter insertion. With its innovative wicking technology, this catheter quickly and efficiently collects urine, maintaining a dry and clean environment.
For optimal performance, it is recommended to replace the PureWick Female External Catheter every 8 to 12 hours. Each box contains 30 catheters, ensuring an ample supply to meet the needs of patients. The convenient packaging allows for easy storage and accessibility.
Ideal for use in healthcare facilities or at home, the PureWick Female External Catheter offers a practical and discreet solution for managing urinary incontinence. Whether for bedridden patients or those with limited mobility, this external catheter provides a simple and efficient way to maintain hygiene and comfort.
Invest in the PureWick Female External Catheter, and experience the convenience and reliability it offers. Say goodbye to discomfort and inconvenience associated with traditional catheter methods. Choose a gentle, non-invasive solution that prioritizes patient well-being. With the PureWick Female External Catheter, urinary incontinence management has never been easier.
What is the PureWick External Female Catheter System?
The PureWick System is a non-invasive urine output management system designed for female patients. It utilizes a soft and flexible external catheter made of fabric to wick urine away from the body and into a collection canister. This innovative system is ideal for individuals experiencing urinary incontinence, including bedridden or immobile patients. It provides a comfortable and convenient alternative to traditional catheter methods, allowing for improved hygiene and quality of life. The PureWick System offers a practical solution for managing urinary incontinence in various healthcare settings, promoting patient comfort and well-being.
How to Use the PureWick Female External Catheter
- Prepare the area: Ensure the perineal area is clean and dry before applying the PureWick Catheter. Remove any excess moisture or debris.
- Positioning: Position the patient comfortably, either lying down or sitting up. Make sure the patient's legs are slightly apart for ease of application.
- Catheter placement: Open the package and carefully unfold the PureWick Catheter. Gently place the open end of the catheter against the labia, ensuring a secure fit. The wider end should be positioned closer to the patient's body.
- Secure attachment: Press the adhesive strip firmly against the skin surrounding the labia. Ensure the adhesive is secure but not overly tight, allowing for proper airflow and comfort.
- Connect to collection canister: Connect the other end of the PureWick Catheter to the designated collection canister. Ensure a secure and leak-free connection.
- Position collection canister: Place the collection canister at a lower level than the patient's body to allow gravity to assist with urine flow. Ensure the canister is stable and positioned for easy monitoring and disposal.
- Monitor and replace: Regularly check the PureWick Catheter for adequate urine flow and to prevent any blockages. It is recommended to replace the catheter every 8 to 12 hours or as needed for optimal performance and hygiene.
- Disposal: When removing the PureWick Catheter, detach it carefully from the adhesive strip. Dispose of the used catheter and canister in accordance with proper medical waste disposal procedures.
Note: It is essential to follow the manufacturer's instructions and consult healthcare professionals for any specific guidelines or recommendations related to the individual patient's needs.
This listing is for the replacement catheters for the Purewick System. It does not include the system which is required to be able to use the catheter. The catheter is not useable without the system.