Torbot Solvent N-Hexane Adhesive Remover is a clear, hydrocarbon liquid. It can be used to remove medical adhesive from condom catheters, ostomy appliances, or other medical devices. Torbot Solvent can also be used to thin Torbot Cement that has become too thick. The Solvent removes excess adhesive from skin or fingers and can remove adhesive build up from ostomy bags or discs. A small amount of Torbot Solvent goes a long way, this product should be used in small amount. Storing the Torbot Adhesive Remover should be done in a cool, dry environment. Make sure that the top is tightly screwed on, and stored away from heat sources, direct sunlight, and ignition sources.
How to Use Torbot Solvent to Remove Medical Adhesive:
- Saturate a ball of cotton, cotton swab, or use an eyedropper and apply a few drops of solvent at the top of the medical device between the device and skin.
- Gently pull the medical device away from the body as the solvent penetrates down between the device and skin. Do not force. If the adhesive is stubborn, wait a few seconds, to make sure solvent has started to break up the adhesive
- Apply more as needed until removal is achieved
How to Thin Torbot Bonding Cement with Torbot Solvent:
- If Torbot Bonding Cement should become too thick, it can be thinned by adding up to 2 ounces of Torbot Solvent per 4 ounce can of cement
- The correct ratio is 2:4
- Add 1/2 ounce at a time and mix well
- Allow to sit for at least 8 hours before using